I really just need to save this for later, but I’m guessing some of you will have the same issues I have. It seems that the ServiceNow documentation is a little out of date when configuring the Azure Cloud Discovery. It seems as though the documentation found here is referencing some older terms which have now changed. Client ID is now called Application ID and Tenant ID is called Directory ID.
I banged my head on this for a while, fixed it, forgot it and then rediscovered it again for one of my clients. These are my instructions to configure Azure Cloud Discovery for ServiceNow:
- Log in to the Azure portal.
- Click “Azure Active Directory”.
- In the left pane, click “App registrations”.
- At the top, create “New Registration”.”
- Enter a name for this Application. I suggest using something similar to “ServiceNow Azure Cloud Discovery”. Keep the “Supported account types” option selected as “Accounts in this organizational directory only” selected. You will not need to specify a Redirect URI.
- On the next page, take note of the Application (client) ID and the Directory (tenant ID). These are going to be GUIDs, for example “d85131e4-1763-42d6-b9c7-b6bad64b3a51”. These are what we will need to start configuring Azure Discovery.
Hope this helps somebody save some time in the future!